This committee oversees the administration, acceptance, and completion of peer reviews performed in Virginia and the District of Columbia. The committee monitors the performance of reviewers and firms and when appropriate prescribes and monitors the completion of effective corrective actions.
Expect one face-to-face meeting in Richmond and monthly conference calls as needed.
Volunteers for this Committee must also:
- Be a member of the AICPA in good standing and licensed to practice as a CPA.
- Be currently active in public accounting as a partner, manager, or person with equivalent responsibilities in the accounting or auditing practice or carrying out a quality control function in the member’s firm.
- Have spent the last five years in the practice of public accounting in the accounting or auditing function.
- Be employed by or be an owner of a firm that has received a report with a peer review rating of pass or pass with scope limitations for its most recent peer review. The report should have been accepted in a timely manner.
- Complete Report Acceptance Body (RAB) member training that meets the requirements established by the AICPA Peer Review Board
- Agree to the confidentiality and conflict-of-interest requirements of the program.