Interested? Contact: Julie@strandlie-advocacy.com
As the immediate past chair and current member of the Virginia Governor's Advisory Board on Service and Volunteerism (GAB) and as the current chair of the Virginia Service Foundation (VSF), we invite members of the VSCPA to consider volunteering their professional services to support the VSF’s work.
Background: The GAB oversees Virginia's AmeriCorps grants, sponsors the annual Volunteerism Summit, and helps the Governor select the annual Volunteerism Award recipients. We also are in the process of implementing the new General Assembly-requested Virginia State Service plan.
The Virginia Service Foundation is a 501(c)3 that supports the GAB's work and sponsors the Summit and MLK Day and 9/11 Days of Service mini grants, among other things. Our VSF mission now includes administering funds that support the implementation of the Virginia State Service plan, which requires an outside accounting firm. We seek an accounting firm that can provide pro bono services to the Virginia Service Foundation, after initial paid start-up work.
A summary of our Managed Accounting Service needs:
- Formally setting up our accounting records on QuickBooks Online (QBO) or Quick Books.
- Formally setting VSF on Bill.com or some other Accounts Payable platform to integrate with QBO for payments to grantees
- Accounting for all incoming deposits (contracts and sponsorships) and disbursements (mini grants & contract spend).
- Knowledge of government accounting standards and federal grants to properly track ARPA fund spend on eligible expenses
- Assisting the Treasurer with preparing standard financial statements (Income Statement/P&L, Balance Sheet, Budget to Actual) either monthly or quarterly or ad hoc
Payroll & Benefits, Fundraising tracking, Audit, Form 990, Budget Preparation, Bank deposits, Mail receipt, Analytic Forecasts, Capital Budget, NICRA
- Assisting the Treasurer in providing trial balance and transaction information to the Auditors for Form 990 preparation and/or Audit
- Anticipated volume of transactions is very low (< 25 mini-grants, <5 Summit vendors, <7 contract payments).
Estimate for tasks a) and b) this would require about 25-40 hours of work initially, and then ongoing support for the other items could be 4-8 hours a month.