Harold G. Martin, Jr. is the Partner-in-Charge of Valuation and Forensic Services for Keiter, a certified public accounting and consulting firm located in Richmond, Virginia. He is also a member of Keiter’s Executive Committee. He has over 30 years of experience in financial consulting, public accounting, and financial services. He specializes in valuation and forensic accounting, including financial investigations and litigation consulting and expert witness services. He has appeared as an expert witness in federal and state courts, and served as a federal court-appointed forensic accountant for receiverships and court-appointed neutral business appraiser and forensic accountant.
Harold is an adjunct faculty member of The College of William and Mary Raymond A. Mason School of Business. He has taught forensic accounting in the Master of Accounting program for 12 years, and has also served as a guest lecturer on valuation for the M.B.A program and the Marshall-Wythe School of Law.
He was previously affiliated with Coopers & Lybrand as a Director responsible for managing the Richmond Financial Advisory Services practice, Price Waterhouse as a Senior Manager in Management Consulting Services, and First & Merchants National Bank as a Direct Loan Officer in retail banking.
He is a frequent speaker and writer on valuation and forensic accounting. He is a co-author of Financial Valuation: Applications and Models, 1st - 4th ed. (the textbook used for the AICPA National Business Valuation School), a contributing author to Cost of Capital: Estimation and Applications, 2nd - 4th ed., an expert panelist for Financial Valuation and Litigation Expert, an Editorial Board member for Business Valuation Update, and a member of the Editorial Task Force for VSCPA Disclosures. He has presented at numerous seminars, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation Supervisor Forensic Accountant Summit.
Professional Activities and Civic Associations
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
• Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
• AICPA Business Valuation Committee, past member
• AICPA National Business Valuation Conference Steering Committee, former chair and vice-chair
• AICPA National Accreditation Commission, commissioner
• AICPA National Business Valuation School, instructor
• AICPA ABV Exam Review Course, instructor
• AICPA ABV e-Alert, former editor
• AICPA CPA Expert, former editorial advisor and contributing author
• AICPA Business Valuation Hall of Fame, inducted in 2012
• AICPA Business Valuation Volunteer of the Year Award, two-time recipient
Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
• VSCPA Business Valuation, Fraud, and Litigation Services Conference, creator and chair
• Board of Directors, former member
• Business Valuation and Litigation Services Committees, former chair
• Selected as a “Super CPA” in business valuation in peer survey sponsored by Virginia Business
• Selected as an Outstanding Discussion Leader
American Society of Appraisers
• Accredited Senior Appraiser in Business Valuation (ASA)
• Richmond Chapter, former president, vice president, and treasurer
Association of Certified Fraud Examiner
• Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
• The College of William and Mary, Bachelor of Arts in English
• Virginia Commonwealth University, Masters in Business Administration and Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Accounting